The Montreal Protocol on Substances that Deplete the Ozone Layer
Article 9: Research, development, public awareness and exchange of information
- The Parties shall co-operate, consistent with their national laws, regulations and practices and taking into account in particular the needs of developing countries, in promoting, directly or through competent international bodies, research, development and exchange of information on:
- best technologies for improving the containment, recovery, recycling, or destruction of controlled substances or otherwise reducing their emissions;
- possible alternatives to controlled substances, to products containing such substances, and to products manufactured with them; and
- costs and benefits of relevant control strategies.
- The Parties, individually, jointly or through competent international bodies, shall co-operate in promoting public awareness of the environmental effects of the emissions of controlled substances and other substances that deplete the ozone layer.
- Within two years of the entry into force of this Protocol and every two years thereafter, each Party shall submit to the Secretariat a summary of the activities it has conducted pursuant to this Article.